Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Peach Cobbler

Peaches are in season and I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think they taste so ripe and juicy this year.  My uncle bought an entire box of them on vacation and 3 peach cobblers and lots of snacking later I think we ate the entire box in a week.  Yummy! 

So my uncle requested the cobbler while on vacation and I honestly thought I preferred crisps more then cobblers and I thought that cobblers were complicated to make so I had never made one before.  He assured me that it was easy to do "a cup a cup a cup".  HUH!?  So that's what he told me to Google and here is the first website that came up; cup-a cup-a.  Her recipe and step by step instructions make it so easy to follow. 

I only have a couple adaptations to make to this recipe so all credit goes to Cup-a Cup-a for a great recipe.


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup organic white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthur's)
1 cup organic pasteurized whole milk
1/2 stick organic unsalted butter, melted (can use tub butter or stick- both worked successfully)
2 cups of organic fruit cubed (I didn't have a measuring devise so I used 5 fresh ripe peaches cubed).

You will also need butter to butter your baking dish.  You can use a 9" pie plate or a 9" square baking pan. 

It is important to mix the ingredients in a specific order. 
First mix 1 cup of the sugar with the flour in a medium mixing bowl with a whisk.  Next add the milk just until blended.  Lastly, add the melted butter and mix.  Take your baking pan or Pyrex dish and take all natural canola oil spray or tub butter and grease your baking pan.  Place the dough in the pan. 

Take fresh fruit (cubed if peaches) and sprinkle over the top.  I sprinkled the remaining 1/4 cup sugar over the peaches once in the pan, but the original recipe has your mix it in with the fruit first.  Either works well I just made it simpler. 

Bake at 350 in the center of the oven until golden and bubbly.  Should take between 40 minutes and an hour.  I baked mine for 1 hour.

Serve with vanilla ice cream and Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment