Monday, July 15, 2013

Snacking

This word has been the death of me lately (snacking) because with all of the restrictions I had the hardest time finding snacks I could eat that wouldn't give me a migraine and didn't contain some form of MSG. 

Well I am here to tell you that there are snacks out there that you can eat and its not just raw fruits and vegetables, which as good as they are, they are not that filling or what you want to eat all the time.

So here are a few of my favorites:
  • Trader Joe's Sea Salt Potato Chips
  • Garden of Eatin Tortilla Chips (most varieties as long as they have sea salt)
  • Homemade Popcorn (yes my hubby bought me a popcorn maker-he's a keeper!)
  • Tortilla Chips and Salsa
  • Homemade Oatmeal Raisin cookies with sulfite free raisins (I use Trader Joes)- use all white sugar and no brown sugar.
  • Sunflower Seed Butter with apples (see previous post for recipe for Sunflower Seed Butter)
  • Sensible Portions Original Sea Salt Pita Chips (I called to verify their flour had no malted barley and it is safe!)
  • Tammy's Rosemary Crackers - the best wheat thin recipe I've found and I've made and thrown out others that were nasty!

That's my list for now, but as I create or find others that are safe and delish I will be sure to share them.  This list offers me the variety I need and fills me up with the calories needed to feel full and satisfied.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment