Saturday, August 17, 2013

Breakfast Menu

So this morning I entertained a group of ladies who are in my prayer group.  I wanted to put together a nice breakfast that we could feast on while praying and catching up.  The group consisted of one gluten free member, myself who is following the MSG free and Migraine free diet, and the other ladies weren't picky. 

I made two 8" pans of Pumpkin Coffee Cake.

I made my Overnight Egg Casserole.

I bought organic gluten free yogurt (not migraine free) and then placed bowls of fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) with the yogurt, and gluten free granola.  People were able to make their own yogurt, fruit and granola parfaits.  Yum!.

Lastly, I took a pound of organic vine ripe tomatoes and placed them on a baking sheet and roasted them with a drizzle of EVOO and a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper at 350 degrees until they started to pop.  I put them on top of an Organic Spring Mix (reserving the juices left behind from the tomatoes popping).  I took the tomato juice, 2 tablespoons Distilled Vinegar, 6 tablespoons EVOO and a dash of sea salt and pepper and whisked until combined.  Then I served this on the side along with shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese for those that can eat cheese (this cheese is not migraine safe). 

This menu seemed to go well for the brunch.  Sweet, salty, filling, healthy, not healthy....had it all.  Menu planning for events is always hard so hopefully this menu sparks some ideas for you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment